The academic, emotional and physical wellbeing of all students is our priority. To achieve this, we provide a caring and disciplined environment, which emphasises the wellbeing of all students.
This is achieved by providing services and personnel including:
- Student Wellbeing Coordinator
- College Student Counsellor
- College Nurse
- Pathways Coordinator
- Careers Advisor
- Anger Management Support Groups
- A well defined and enforced Bullying and Harassment Policy
At each year level, the level coordinators oversee the wellbeing of all students to ensure that they not only succeed academically, but develop into well-adjusted young adults.
In the Junior School, a mentor system has been established with excellent results.
- Class sizes are kept at or below 25
- Significant teachers take several subjects for each form group. This allows students to develop a rapport with their teacher
- Each form group has a home room so that room changes are kept to a minimum
- Year 11 Peer Leaders work with new students to assist with transition to secondary school
Each week, Year 7 students participate in a regular mentor session with their form teacher. This involves:
- developing strong relationships with peers
- making friends
- goal setting
- tackling the issues of harassment and bullying.