Enrolments for Year 7 Students: 2020
Our school zone
Students residing in this zone are guaranteed a place at our school, which is determined on the basis of your permanent residential address.
The Department provides guidance through the School Placement Policy to ensure that students have access to their designated neighbourhood school and the freedom to choose other schools, subject to facility limitations.
You can find more information and answers to frequently asked questions on the Department’s website under School zones.
For more information
If you have a question about school zones call the VSBA Hotline on 1800 896 950 or email: email@example.com
Application for Year 7, 2020
Procedure for students living in the College neighbourhood zone
- Each student will be provided with an application form for Year 7 student enrolment from their primary school. This form is general for all Year 6’s and is known as the Southern Metropolitan Region – Application for Enrolment (Year 7) Form.
- Complete the form:
- The address shown must be the student’s current residential address
- Identify Patterson River Secondary College as your first choice.
- Return the completed form to the primary school by the due date.
Note: This form must be returned to the primary school.
· You will be contacted by your Primary School after Patterson River Secondary College has informed them that we have accepted the student placement.
Recent Changes to School Zones
The Department of Education & Training recently announced new school zones. This has resulted in a change of the zone for Patterson River Secondary. The new zone excludes some housing that was previously considered to be in zone. These area includes pockets of Seaford, Chelsea, Chelsea Heights, Edithvale and Carrum Downs.
Families who reside in areas no longer considered inside of zone will need to ensure that they complete an out of zone application to support a Year 7 2020 enrolment application
Please refer to the following website for Zone Clarification – https://www.findmyschool.vic.gov.au/