Enrolments for Year 7 Students: 2019
Right of Entry
A child residing permanently in the neighbourhood area has the right to attend Patterson River Secondary College unless already enrolled in a secondary school. Patterson River Secondary College has a designated neighbourhood zone (see above), as defined by the Department of Education & Training. The student must be living with the parent or guardian at the permanent address or spend a substantial part of their time at that address. The permanent residential address is defined as one where:
• the home is owned by the parent or guardian
• the home is under purchase
• the home is leased from a registered real estate agent for a minimum of 12 months from the time a child is to commence. Evidence of the above will be required to authenticate residence. Other evidence may also be requested e.g. rates notice, utility bill, medicare card and relevant VISA documents (showing parent/legal guardian and child’s name). There is no automatic sibling claim, but ‘wherever practical’ a student should be enrolled at the same school as that attended by an older brother or sister who resides permanently at the same address.
Application for Year 7, 2019
Procedure for students living in the College neighbourhood zone
· Each student will be provided with an application form for Year 7 student enrolment from their primary school. This form is general for all Year 6’s and is known as the Southern Metropolitan Region – Application for Enrolment (Year 7) Form.
· Complete the form:
· The address shown must be the student’s current residential address
· Identify Patterson River Secondary College as your first choice.
· Return the completed form to the primary school by the due date.
Note: This form must be returned to the primary school.
· You will be contacted by your Primary School after Patterson River Secondary College has informed them that we have accepted the student placement.